DMCA Policy and
DMCA Copyright Infringement Notice
Please read this document carefully as Memnon intends to rely on these policies.
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) is a United States copyright law that provides online service providers who have content on their sites to be relieved from liability for copyright infringement if they promptly remove the offending content once notified of an alleged infringement by the Copyright owner or his designated Agent. DARS is a marketplace by Memnon and Memnon is not the copyright holder of the content placed on the platform. Our Content Contributors and Partners are the owners and producers or the materials placed on the DARS platform.
You may file a complaint with DARS/Memnon and its designated Agent if you believe that a content hosted by DARS/Memnon is violating your rights under US Copyright Law.
Procedure for Making Copyright Infringement Claims:
If you believe that your copyrighted work has been copied without permission in any of the content accessible on DARS that constitutes a copyright infringement, you may notify our designated copyright agent, as required in the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (“DMCA”). Any DCMA take down notice notification of claimed infringement must be in a written communication provided to Memnon’s designated agent that includes the following:
- Provide an electronic or physical signature.
- Provide a description of the copyrighted work that is claimed as infringed.
- Identify where the infringing copyrighted work is located on the DARS website (or the ID in the metadata panel).
- Provide contact information such as name, address, phone number and email address.
- Provide a statement that they have good faith belief that the infringing use is not authorized by the Copyright Owner, his designated Agent or by law.
- Provide a statement under penalty of perjury that the information in the notice is accurate and that they are the Copyright Owner or an authorized Agent to act on behalf of the Copyright Owner.
The above information must be submitted as a written notification to the following Designated Agent of DARS / Memnon:
Name of Agent Designated to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement: Andrew Dapuzzo
Copyright Agent (DMCA)
Memnon Archiving Services Inc.
Attn: Andrew Dapuzzo
2719 East 10th Street Bloomington
Please note that under federal law, Copyright Owner or its designated Agent who make misrepresentations with regards to the copyright infringement may be liable for damages incurred as a result of removing or blocking the alleged copyrighted work.
This information is not a legal advice, for further details on the information required for valid DMCA notifications, see 17 U.S.Code § 512 (c) (3).